Augury Books’ reading period is currently OPEN, through 11:59 p.m. on July 31, 2014, for submissions in the categories of Poetry and Prose. The new, expanded Prose category includes both Short Fiction Collections and Creative Nonfiction Manuscripts. Please send us your manuscripts for consideration for publication in our 2015 catalogue!
Read our guidelines carefully, and then submit via third-party service Submittable below.
FOR FULL-LENGTH POETRY MANUSCRIPTS:
- Submissions should be 45-80 pages. This page requirement does not include any front and back matter your manuscript might contain (title page, table of contents, dedication, acknowledgements, notes, about the author, etc.).
FOR FULL-LENGTH PROSE MANUSCRIPTS:
- Submissions should be 150-220 pages, double-spaced, with 1″ margins. This page requirement does not include any front and back matter your manuscript might contain (title page, table of contents, dedication, acknowledgements, notes, about the author, etc.).
- The prose sub-category in which you are submitting — Short Fiction OR Creative Nonfiction — must be clearly stated in your Submittable Cover Letter / Bio field AND on the first page of the uploaded manuscript itself.
FOR EVERYTHING, ACROSS THE BOARD:
- Brief (approx. 300-word) bio is required, pasted separately from your uploaded manuscript on the Submittable form.
- Multiple submissions, either within or across categories, are welcome, but must be submitted separately with separate reading fees.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but please withdraw your MS immediately if it is accepted elsewhere, up until the time we announce our selections in the fall.
- Except under special circumstances, we are unable to accept submissions from international authors. Contact us for more information.
- Acceptable formats for uploaded manuscripts are PDF, DOC, and DOCX.
AND … WE’RE RUNNING A BOOK SPECIAL FOR THOSE SUBMITTING!
- All those submitting will have the option of getting a discounted book from Augury’s catalogue* along with each submission. Fee for submission without a book purchase: $10 per submission. Fee for submission with a book purchase: $18 per submission.**
Submit MS in Poetry or Prose here:
Want to get a feel for our aesthetic or find out more about the books we have discounted for submitters? Visit our Books and Orders page to order books or read synopses, reviews, and press material about the books in our catalogue.