It’s almost time to start polishing up your full-length manuscripts to submit to Augury Books for publication in 2015.
This year, we will be accepting manuscripts for publication in two categories: Poetry and Prose. Our new, expanded Prose Category includes both Short Fiction Collections and Creative Nonfiction Manuscripts. Augury’s reading period will open via Submittable on midnight of May 1, 2014, and remain open until 11:59 on July 31, 2014.
For you early birds who want to know what’s in store, here’s a peek at our upcoming guidelines:
FOR FULL-LENGTH POETRY MANUSCRIPTS:
- Submissions should be 45-80 pages. This page requirement does not include any front and back matter your manuscript might contain (title page, table of contents, dedication, acknowledgements, notes, about the author, etc.).
FOR FULL-LENGTH PROSE MANUSCRIPTS:
- Submissions should be 150-220 pages, double-spaced, with 1″ margins. This page requirement does not include any front and back matter your manuscript might contain (title page, table of contents, dedication, acknowledgements, notes, about the author, etc.).
- The prose sub-category in which you are submitting — Short Fiction OR Creative Nonfiction — must be clearly stated in your Submittable Cover Letter / Bio field AND on the first page of the uploaded manuscript itself.
FOR EVERYTHING, ACROSS THE BOARD:
- Brief (approx. 300-word) bio is required, pasted separately from your uploaded manuscript on the Submittable form.
- Multiple submissions, either within or across categories, are welcome, but must be submitted separately with separate reading fees.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but please withdraw your MS immediately if it is accepted elsewhere, up until the time we announce our selections in the fall.
- Except under special circumstances, we are unable to accept submissions from international authors. Contact us for more information if this applies to you.
- Acceptable formats for uploaded manuscripts are PDF, DOC, and DOCX.
AND … WE’RE RUNNING A SPECIAL!
- All those submitting will have the option of getting a discounted book from our catalogue along with your submission. Find out more about the discounted titles when our reading period opens. Fee for submission without a book purchase: $10 per submission. Fee for submission with a book purchase: $18 per submission.*
Check back with us on May 1, when we will publish the link to our Submittable Campaign on our SUBMISSIONS PAGE, as well as here on our blog. We can’t wait to see you then and read your work!
Check out our current catalogue to get a feel for our aesthetic.